Thursday, December 17, 2009

Celebrity Big Brother 2010


So, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here and X Factor have finished for another year and attention turns to the next 'big' reality show - Celebrity Big Brother.

I wonder what we'll have in store this time? Fading celebrities desperate to get their careers back on track? Of course, that's what it's for.

Will we get a 'big name'?

Well, Katie Price had a go recently so perhaps Peter Andre could have a bash at getting his story across (not that they both haven't in a zillion magazines, papers and TV already). At least he knows he won't be forced to eat worms or have rats crawling all over him if he chose this sedate show (in comparison).

Tiger Woods? His name has been mentioned but of course that will never happen, he'll be too busy joining Bill Clinton on a Save the World campaign or something. Interestingly, there are already betting odds on how much the divorce settlement figure will be:

Tiger Woods Divorce Betting Odds

Robbie Williams? Getting paid to go through Rehab - sounds ideal!

Jedward? My favourite thing to come out of reality TV recently? No - they have other plans:

Jedward Reality TV Show

It says in that article that they rejected a deal to go into Celebrity Big Brother - so they were asked?!

Anyway, speculation will continue for another week or so and then we'll get the big introductions. When they introduce someone, it says a lot when they have to spend a couple of paragraphs to explain why they are a celebrity!

Instead of just "Michael Barrymore" (that's all it needed) it could be "Richard Shoemaker - star of shows such as 'Wife swap reunited, Kent version' and 'How to make your living room look bigger, 1996 show #7'". When asked why he wanted to enter the House, he replied, "I'm thinking of going in a new direction with my career" (would that be upwards????!)

Going back to the show, there'll be the usual moans about who does the cooking, who doesn't do enough cooking, who stole a pie in the middle of the night, who does so-and-so think they are, oh you're a legend let me be your new best friend, and countless stories of who they each spent time with recently - the biggest name-dropping fest of the year.

I hope they get some reasonably famous stars, and some who are game for a laugh (like George Galloway getting dressed up in a leotard and making cat noises). We'll see.


The best bit of the show is always Davina McCall. She knows when something needs a wink, a laugh, a frown or a giggle. It's her commentary of what's going on that does it for me, verbal or non-verbal.



Make it a good one Channel 4 - 9PM on January 3rd here I come!

EDIT - since the original post, the Celebrity Big Brother Fees for contestants have been circulated:

CBB7 Fees

As an aside - when I was a student at Loughborough in 1995 my housemates entered me for a TV show called "God's Gift".

I got a call from someone at the TV production company asking me all sorts of questions about my best qualities and stuff and then got invited to go to the auditions. I bottled it and never went, shame really as I would have met the presenter if I got through - Davina!

God's Gift Video

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers