Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy New Year - Stop Smoking

[SHARE ABOVE PLEASE, THANK YOU!]

Thought I'd drop an update here on my blog about stopping smoking.

I post most days on Stop Smoking Together to record my progress as i find it helps me to diarise the experience and share with others.


KICK THE HABIT!

Day 24 today - Christmas Eve.

I have been smoke free for more of 2010 than not, despite lapsing in August after 5 months of doing really well. A stupid decision to buy a pack on a long car journey and I was addicted again - just shows how powerful the nicotine is and how careful you have to be to guard against any moments of temptation or weakness.

I'm fine now, this time. It took me a while to get the mental side geared up for it, but when I set my date I stuck to it. The first two weeks are the toughest I found. Take each day as it comes and tick off another notch as you get through it smoke free. From Week 3 onwards it gets easier and easier, although you'll still get the odd craving here and there it isn't so tough to get past it.

I hope the website helps others who want to give up smoking, whether for New Year asd a Resolution or just whenever they make the decision. Please share the link if you know someone you'd like to help quit smoking - just send it to them and let them make their own mind up?

All the best everyone, here's to a fantastic 2011! 


STOP SMOKING TOGETHER

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers