Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011 - Blue Pill or The Red?

As 2010 comes to a close and 2011 races towards us like an excited  puppy, it's time to take stock of our lives again and make those New Year Resolutions that will transform us into better, happier people!

I wonder how many times we have made resolutions with the very best of intentions and then not followed through and stuck to them? Quite a few I reckon.

The pressures of work, family, finances, January blues, etc always seem to give us those reasons, or excuses, to cast those Resolutions to the side with a:
"If it wasn't for....., I'd have been fine, BUT"

The magic 'BUT'!
Well, this year, how about we get rid of BUT's altogether?
- Cigarette 'BUT'ts
- Big 'BUT's
- Excuse 'BUT's
 
That's right - I mean it's time to:

"Stop smoking, Get in shape and Stop making excuses!"


BUT - You Can't Say That!!!

Despite being a bit tongue in cheek, I do mean it. It took me 13 years of smoking and getting unfit, unhealthy and overweight before I stopped making excuses and did something about it.

In March 2009, my blood pressure was high and my liver was damaged due to a sedentary lifestyle. Not any more!

I can't tell you how MUCH BETTER I feel for losing weight and stopping smoking.

You may be thinking,

"Yes, BUT I'm not a fitness freak and it's harder than you think to stop smoking, I've tried BUT I can't"

Erm, excuse me? That's what I used to say, to justify smoking and staying obese and getting dangerously unhealthy. I do know what it's like - I was there too, for years.

All it takes is a conscious decision.

One that you make with conviction and belief. One that you can enjoy taking and then seeing results from.

That's partly why I formed two groups for people like me who just needed a little helping hand, especially in the first few days and weeks.

Lose weight together.

I lost 14.5 lbs in 6 days. That's right, 14.5 lbs. After that, I lost another 14 lbs in the following three weeks and another 14 lbs in the following two months. 43 lbs altogether in three months. Since then, I have stayed the same weight and only hover a pound or two up or down. I can now eat what I like, because I am in control, I know when I need to be careful, when I can treat myself. If you've struggled to shift a few pounds, or feel you need a little help, go here and read up and join us for support.

Smoking Smoking Together. 

Aaarrgh! BUT it's impossible to stop....isn't it?!
No. It's not easy, but everyone can stop. You will need to get your head in the right place before you stop and make sure you surround yourself with positive support from those who know what you are going through. Then' you are ready and YOU CAN DO IT! Have a look at our positive support group for yourself. Read our members' experiences, share what's working and what's bothering you. You'll find out, you are not the only one going through it and that gives you strength. Stop smoking together.

For me, I've stopped smoking and lost weight already. My resolution is to help others go through the same journey I went through / am still going through. I can only do this once you've made your mind up about what you want...

So, what's it to be my friend...


BLUE PILL - "BUT I can't...."                RED PILL - "Count me in!"

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers