Sunday, February 13, 2011

300m World Record Target

My next goal is to beat the 26-35 yr old World Record of 44.1 seconds for 300m in Indoor Rowing.

This has to be set in competition and fortunately I'm entering a Sprint Competition in Basingstoke on April 9th to compete over 100m and 300m. I hope to be able to have a go at breaking the current World Record of 44.1 seconds. This equates an average pace of 1:13.5 secs/500m.

My best so far is 44.6 seconds which is an average power output of 859 Watts. The WR is 881 Watts so I need to improve my average power by about 3 - 4% to break it.

It's going to be very tough but I'm in the best sprint shape ever and have recently hit PBs in the weights that I do (deadlifts, power cleans and muscle snatches mainly). A couple of weeks ago I went sub 1:20 for the 500m for the first time and negative splitted the race which shows I had more in me. 300m has always been my favourite distance, not sure why - perhaps it's because it's not quite long enough to produce cyanosis from lack of oxygen which I've had before on a 500m attempt!!!

Never before have I had a real chance of aiming for a World Record. I've had times and titles to aim for which has motivated me to train hard but this is a real chance to become a World Record Holder which I've always wanted to achieve since I got my first Guinness Book of World Records as a boy. I would skip through it and think "Could I beat that?" The answer was always "No Chance" especially when it was the most number of aircraft eaten, or the biggest ears in the World!

Anyway, it's only 7 weeks away so I've got a lot to do to get there. Half a second in indoor sprint rowing is a lot to gain, especially when there is no trail wind to hope for!Now I've written it down somewhere, it adds to my commitment to do it! Here we come....

1 comment:

Damian Brown (Domain Brawn) said...

C'mon Graham you can do it today, if I can decide to invent a machine that hears voices from beyond, you can beat this World Record

Views (30 days)

Followers