Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baldy's Bolognese Blaster!

I have quite possibly just invented THE BEST bolognese ever by accident and thought I'd share the magic:

After a heavy gym session I was more than a bit peckish so I decided to cook something filling. Looking in the fridge, I had a large pack of mince which I was going to use to make homemade burgers with, but it looked good for today's mealathon. There was a large jar of tomato and herb bolognese sauce in the cupboard, so bolognese it was. It would have been boring just to use the sauce and the meat so I added the following usual add-ons to fill it out a bit:

800g Minced Beef (Ground beef for the leftpondians)
700g Tomato & Herb Sauce
1 Onion, diced
3 Mushrooms, chopped
Worcestershire sauce

boring so far huh? well, I was that hungry I was snacking on some cracked black pepper cashew nuts while I was browning the beef so I thought - what the hell, chuck em in!

200g cashew nuts

Then I decided to give it some kick, so added 3 large pinches of dried chilli flakes.

And the final ingredient, just to give the cheap beef and sauce a luxurious aftertaste - a large splash of port (pour it round the pan, be generous).

There was no spaghetti, so I decided to have a go with some Basmati rice instead for now (there's plenty left over so I can freeze or fridge it for when I have spag).

End result - THE most tasty, filling, memorable bolognese ever - TRY IT! :)

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers