Saturday, October 3, 2009

London 2012 Olympics - Help!


The London 2012 Olympics are fast approaching, and I've still to choose which sport to try in my last chance to become an Olympian!

I used to throw the javelin, international standard up to the age of 20 and then injury and career put paid to any further progress. Recently I've been indoor rowing to get fit and healthy again, and have made good progress (4th in the world for my age group over 500m) but rowing is not going to be an Olympic option for me.

So I'm stuck! What else can I try? Any suggestions are welcome!


I am powerful, but not enough to shot putt my way there.
I'm pretty quick, but Usain Bolt is safe. I'm not very good at endurance, at all.
My hands aren't steady enough to do shooting or archery.
Unless it's the Med or Carribbean, I don't want to get wet on a boat - so sailing is out.
I am good at logical games that require fast decisions, so what can I do - any ideas?


Anyway, Chicago lost out to Rio de Janeiro in their bid to secure 2016, thank goodness!

About time someone else had a go at hosting the Games, especially a South American nation. Beach Volleyball will be high on the agenda I can imagine, and a carnival atmosphere should prevail - fantastic!

1 comment:

GrahamLay said...

It seems sprint kayaking could be the way forward, just need to find a venue now and have a go! 500m should take around 100 seconds, so just my cup of tea.

Views (30 days)

Followers