Monday, October 5, 2009

Smokeless - Day 2

So, it's Day 2 (the first full day though) and I'm getting ready for work.

I had a moment of mini-panic earlier when I realised that I would never be having a cigarette again. The panic came from knowing that the 'satisfaction' of the first couple of drags wouldn't be felt again. However, swiftly told myself that the only satisfaction was from the fuelling of a chemical addiction. The craving passed.

One of my freinds reminded me this morning that I can do it, because I am stubborn.
She's got a good point!!!

Looking forward to the sense of taste coming back. My wife cooks wonderful food (she's Singaporean) so I'll get to savour it even more when my taste buds are back on board!

Money-wise, that's £4.80 saved from not buying a new pack.

Here's how many fags I've NOT smoked in the last 24 hours:


9.47pm - I've found it quite hard this afternoon, but it helps to know there's a lot of support. I find it enables me to draw on an inner strength and move on from the cravings... thank you!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Well done! Keep it up!

Dave Dorn said...

If it all gets too much, take heart from one guy that went from 60 a day to zero cigarettes in two days - http://esmokersdraw.blogspot.com/ tells the story

Views (30 days)

Followers