Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 2, Day 2 - Lower Body Javelin Workout

Tomorrow was due to be my next session but due to an all day meeting I can't bank on having the time so I did my Lower Body session today instead. Decided to raise the bar again and add more into the session from last time...

wu 2k r20 - 7:17.4 - 1:49.3 (erm, warm up???!)

3 x 10 x 70kg Jump Squats (big height, explosive jump)

3 x 5 x 70kg Power cleans (explosive drive up, no fall to catch, straight up to collar)

2 x 10 Depth Jumps (off the wall and into tuck position)

Bounding:
4 x alternate leg bounding (height and distance)
2 x broad jumps (distance, bounce)
2 x crossovers (accelerating)
1 x jav run-up (focus on acceleration in last 5 strides)

3 x 10 x stack - adductors (felt that!)

3 x 10 x stack - abductors (and that!)

3 x 10 x stack - leg extensions (I'm used to the pain on this machine)

3 x 10 x stack - ham curls (this was tough at the end of the session)

3 x 10 x stack - leg press (not much left by now...)

3 mins bike

10 mins stretching

Phew - my normal training lasts an hour, this took an hour and a half. I could have stopped before the resistance machines but I could still walk so I did a round of them to create wobbly leg syndrome and clamber up the stairs to get out!

The javelin run-up felt a little clumsy but then it was on grass and the ground was a bit uneven and I'm clumsy anyway ;-)

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers