Saturday, August 28, 2010

Power Snatches for Javelin and 5x250m erg

1k wu 3:53

5 x 250m , 90s rest - 1:28.1 average r33

I started off at 1:29, 1:28, 1:27, 1:26, 1:29 and sacked it as I couldn't be bothered. The drag was too high, I'd set off too quick, blah blah blah! (supposed to be 16 reps @ c.1:30 pace)

Snatches

Never done them before. Had seen a video or two on Youtube and stuck some light weight on.

1x 40kg - very light
1x 50kg - still light

1 x 60kg - feels ok, don't go silly, do some reps now... got Kirtis to video the first one so I could look back and see where I was going wrong ;-)


Link

Anyway, did 20 reps with 30s rest between each one. Last 5 reps I added on 5 half overhead squats each to add something else to a short session. Those overhead squats are difficult. I tried one full one and lost balance...

Although my technique looks nothing like anyone else's I've seen :oops: I enjoyed the movement and it made me feel strong and powerful.

No training tomorrow, long busy day ahead and an opportune rest from training.

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers