Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting Nervous


It's not long now - 10th and 11th September.
I'm getting more nervous as the Decathlon approaches and still haven't practiced some of the more technical events. My legs are constantly sore from the training I've been doing and I'm not as flexible as I'd like to be, but you can only do what you can do. I'm training hard and am in the best shape I've been for years and yet I've no idea how I'll fair over the 2 days of competition and 10 events.

Next Tuesday evening, there's a chance to compete in 3 events at the Exeter Harriers Open Meeting. I intend to do Pole Vault, Hurdles and High Jump so I will know roughly what standard I'll be able to aim for and also to practice technique.

Today's training was aimed at legs for power and strength, some overhead squats and power snatches for overall core strength and some more treadmill running to get the calves and ankles prepared more.

Indoor Rowing Warm Up
1k r15 1:59.4
1k r10 1:56.5 3:53.0 22.1 spi (this is 1 stroke every 6 seconds with almost max power)

8 x 90kg front squat
4 x 110kg front squat
8 x 110kg back squat
1 x 160kg back squat
4 x 60kg overhead squat

10 x 60kg hang snatch
1 x 70kg hang snatch

2 x 2.5min treadmill @ 12km/h 2'r
 
5 mins bike cd

Thank you so much for all the supportive comments, sharing the links and making donations - £145 raised at the time of writing, it all helps. The Rays of Sunshine is a very worthy cause and the children who will benefit from your help will be over the moon.

 

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers