Friday, August 12, 2011

Legs

With the hamstring problems this last week, I took this one gingerly. It actually felt alright, just a kind of bruised feeling instead of sharp pain.


Indoor Rower:
20min - 4851m - 2:03.6 - r24

3 x 10 x 60kg front squats
10 x 60kg jump squats
2 x 10 x 40kg jump squats
2 x 10 x 40kg single leg squats, on each leg
2 x 10 x single leg press machine, each leg
2 x 10 x adductor machine
2 x 10 x abductor machine
2 x 10 x ham curl, single leg, each leg

5 mins uphill treadmill walk, full extension on trail leg

If you want glutes of steel - try the single leg squat! I did it in a shot put kind of stance, leaning just slightly over front leg and straight down to bottom with trail leg way back and bending purely for stability, not weight bearing. If it's not an orthodox exercise I'm calling it the shot squat! :)

4 weeks today I'll be travelling to Oxford for the UK Masters Decathlon Championships. If you haven't yet seen why I'm doing it, have a look here: 


http://www.justgiving.com/Graham-Lay-Decathlon


or here to see which Olympians have got involved so far and my targets:


No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers