Thursday, August 4, 2011

Plyometric Hell!

Lower body is on fire now!

For the Decathlon in September, I've challenged some Olympic athletes to set me targets in each event. If I hit the target, they donate £20 to the Rays of Sunshine Charity, if I miss, I donate £10 to the charity, per event, on top of the £50 I'm already pledging. 

So far, Katherine Merry has set me a target of 62s for the 400m and Daley Thompson has set me a target of 4500 points for the total score.  Original Post

Waiting on Steve Backley, Greg Rutherford, Kelly Sotherton, Seb Coe, Heather Fell and a few more to set me their targets. I don't know who to ask for Shot Put as I don't have Geoff Capes contact details! :lol: 

Anyway, today was plyometric training to help build explosive power and agility. 

warm up - 5 minute jog around the field (belly was wobbling a bit - need to lose some pounds)

Slight uphill tarmac road:

10 x (6 x bounding) - going for height and distance on each bound
10 x (3 x broad jumps) - going for distance
5 x (10 x truck jumps) - aiming for height and minimal contact with ground
5 x (6 x zigzag broad jumps) - bit like slalom movement

Gym:

2 x 10 x 60kg jump squats
10 x 50kg jump squats
3 x 5 x 90kg front squats

Then to the steps outside - 12 steps at 20cm height each:

Right leg hop each step (12 Jumps) - x3
Left Leg hop each step (12 jumps) - x3
Double foot each step (12 jumps) - x 3
Double foot two steps (6 jumps) - x 3
Double foot three steps (4 jumps) - x 3

Felt like Rocky at the end. Actually no I didn't - I felt like a complete wreck!!! :lol: 

I can never usually motivate myself to do this type of work alone, but Daley's cheeky "from your picture, you'll be lucky to finish" comment spurred me on and also thinking of the children who will benefit from the donations being made for them. Thanks to those who have already donated and supported by sharing the link etc on Facebook and Twitter, it all helps. :D

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers