Friday, August 26, 2011

Upper Body Training

As it was raining cats and dogs today, the intended sprint and plyometric session had to be replaced by an upper body workout instead. This is all to try and help me prepare for a Decathlon in just 2 weeks for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity. DETAILS

For those who have donated, I've posted a couple of videos so you can see the type of work that's going in to prepare for this. Thank you so much for the support so far!

Warm up - Indoor Rower

1000m - 3:48 - 22 spm
5 x 30s on, 60s off - 1:33.0 pace at r20

Wide Grip Chins: 5 reps, 4 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps, 1 rep


10 x 1 x Handstand Press Ups (this was tough - I weigh 100kg!)


5 more wide grip chins

5 x 90kg bench press
2 x 100kg bench press
1 x 110kg bench press
1 x 120kg bench press (equal PB)
125kg - fail

2 x 10 x 40kg Dumbell Pullovers
2 x 10 x 10kg Dumbell lateral deltoid raises
10 x 18kg Dumbell Concentration Curls
2 x 10 x 14kg Dumbell Hammer Curls

I'm feeling almost ready for it now. There's a competition next Tuesday where I can practice Pole Vault, Hurdles and High Jump. That'll be a good test of the more technical events! The throws I'm feeling confident about, the long jump not so bad and the running events - well, I'll just do what I can although I'm no Usain Bolt.

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers