Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hat Trick? No chance...

3 days in a row, indoor rowing, was too much tonight. Too tired after previous two days' CTC efforts.

Aimed to go in and put in a Mile TT to test the water as to current ability / fitness. My PB is 1:37.8 pace. I know I'm not in PB shape so I aimed to keep it around 1:40 and see what happened.

The 1k w/u felt unusually tough to keep under 2:00 pace - normally I don't get out of breath and my heart rate is comfy.

Mile attempt - hard first 3 strokes and then into the rhythm. Settled into a 1:38 r31 pace which was obviously a bit much. Instead of backing off I just kept it there and started struggling after about 2 minutes! Stopped at 800m in 1:37.5 r30, too fast :roll:

Did a few ploddy intervals afterwards, including a strapless 2k on DF80 for fun @ 1:56.9 r23. Made the session meters up to 7km and came home. May rest altogether tomorrow, we'll see how I feel come 6pm.

Have seen a couple of Grimsby results, great times and sounds like it was a great race day for those who could get there, well done!

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers