Friday, October 29, 2010

Stabbed in the glutes

Stabbed in the glutes - exactly how it feels right now after tonight's training session. OUCH!

Plan was to try and beat 18:09.6 for the 5k to go ahead of Kirtis Bell from the gym, it didn't work out though.

First I did a gentle 2000m warm up to get the juices flowing. Felt ok.

Got to 1000m and it was starting to feel like I couldn't breathe, took it through to 2000m @ 1:49.8 pace and called it off.

Did a 1000m @ 1:49.3 on a low drag factor (101) and it actually felt much better, but I knew I was too tired to go the whole 5k so decided to wait for another day.

Then - I thought "I haven't done any leg strength for ages, let's do some squats". What I should have done was stick 60kg on first and knocked out 20 to let he body know what was going on. I didn't - I went straight to 110kg and did 10 reps, ass to the floor. When I put the bar back I thought "Oh Oh" I could feel the sharp intense pain already. What did I do? 8 more reps, and then 3 but the body decided firmly that I was going to stop putting it through any more.

Leg Press - 3 x 10 ouch
Leg Extensions - 3 x 10 not so bad

Then a lot of stretching, then 10 mins on the bike to warm down.

I am currently sitting on the couch. I may still be sitting here tomorrow at this rate! My glutes and hamstrings feel like, well, like someone sliced my hams up with a carving knife and then stuck it in my butt cheek and found another and stuck it in the other one too!

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers