Monday, September 13, 2010

500m Attack!

Tonight I'm going to attack the 500m and see if I can beat my PB of 1 min 20.6 secs.

Ive had a week off proper training, and am eager to go and do something hard. I could have picked one of the monthly challenges or a regular training session but it's time I got myself back up those World Rankings and into the top 10 if possible.

I've posted now as I find it helps me to mentally get geared up for the all out effort that is needed to push through the pain barrier from 350 - 500m. I find that the first two thrids of the row can be done fairly comfortably but it's how hard you dare push it in those closing stages that makes all the difference to your end result.

Wobbly legs, lactic acid and a big headache here I come!

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers