Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rest and Recovery

Every now and then it's a good idea to take some rest and let the body recover.

This week, that's what I've been doing. Well that's my excuse anyway!

I've had a few long drives to make and been busy at work so haven't made time to train. I'm wondering how much it will affect my fitness and strength but I'm sure it can't be all that bad. My hamstrings are still a bit tight from the straight legged deadlifts the other day, so they are still repairing.

Next week I intend to do a flat out 500m Time Trial on the indoor rowing machine as well as some plyometric work to get me ready for the last week before the javelin comeptition I'm going to on September 28th. I'm excited about it and I really don't know if I'll do very well, average or worse than expected. That's what makes it more exciting! With the rowing, I have a good idea as to where I am within a second or two, with the javelin it could be plus or minus 5-10m - it's really that unknown!

Anyway, got bored so thought I'd write 'something' - it makes me feel less anxious about not training! Bring on the pain next week :)

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers