Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hurt Box, oh hurt box...? Oh, there you are! Tabatas

I'd promised myself that I was going to put in 100% today and finish a session, and as well as I could. I chose the tabatas that I've done a couple of times already this month.

This is a 20 second on, 10 second off piece - repeat for 8 reps. Total workout time is 3 mins 50 seconds, work time is 2 mins 40 seconds. Nothing eh? ;-)

1st attempt 894m
2nd attempt 909m

So my plan was to aim for 114m per rep. That would give me a 912m total.

I warmed up, felt ok - 1k @ 1:55.9/500m pace r26

I set the workout up on the monitor and got psyched up for it. Kirtis (team member) came over to watch and encourage. Just as I was about to go the PM4 went blank. How many times does that happen...just at the wrong time?!

Anyway, set it again and got ready.

First couple were a bit quicker than plan but they felt fine. 3 and 4 started to feel like I was working. 5 was a little tough, 6 was painful, 7 was a relative cruise to make sure I could finish and 8 was a killer! Started the last rep hard and got it down to 1:24 ave pace but just could not hold despite putting it all in through the pain barrier. Kirtis was really helpful in the 10s 'break' between 7 and 8, encouraging me to give it everything.

Result: 916m - 1:27.3 - r36 - improvement by another 7m.



If anyone asks me to go again within the next week I'll shoot them! Proper cyanosis episode after that one. Laid down straight away, the body was doing involuntary wobbly movements. Knees up and swaying from left to right as if they were shaking their head at me.

No comments:

Views (30 days)

Followers